Saturday 29 March 2014

Christmas

Hello everyone,
Sometimes our rejects can be reworked. Yay!

I actually made this card last week - with a snowflake theme. I sprayed some Distress Ink onto a memory box snowflake stencil and used a dark room door sentiment. But it lacked a focal point. 

Today I placed  a pine cone die cut on the right hand corner and gee....it works for me!
I added lashings of wink of stella- but I've failed to capture the shimmer in the photo.

I've made this card for the Festive Friday Challenge

Take a look.....at the challenge and start your Christmas cards early this year.



Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Oh this stenciled snowflakes are so pretty! I love the pine and pinecone die cuts too! Beautiful card! So happy you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! I love the soft colour and the very realistic looking die cuts! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Julie! Isn't it nice when you can come back to a project that didn't quite work and add just the right piece to it--it's like those pinecones were meant to be there all along! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday again this week! And thank you also for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful background you created by inking the embossing folder! the foliage is the perfect touch to accent but not take away from the design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the look of the bkg and the tree is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That background you've created is SO pretty, Julie!!! I really love that stencil! It's a perfect backdrop for your sweet die cuts! Thanks so much for playing along with us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just me again, Julie! Just wanted you to know it was me, Geri…not my 11 year old son, Jonah!;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background you have created and you are right the pine bough sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete